TTP is a technology and product development company. TTP works closely with its clients to bring new products to market and creates new business opportunities from advances in technology across a broad range of market sectors.
TTP Labtech brings innovative instrumentation to the life scientist to create process efficiencies. It provides state-of-the-art solutions for specific product areas including: cell-based screening, sample management, liquid handling and the management of analytical automation.
TTP Ventures provides acceleration, incubation and investment support to innovative young technology companies.
Tonejet is a break-through digital printing company targeted at commercial and industrial applications. Tonejet brings the benefits of digital printing to the high volume, multi-billion dollar markets where image quality, cost, reliability and throughput are critical factors. Tonejet products have been developed in close co-operation with industry leaders in key market sectors.
Melbourn Science Park owns and develops the 17 acre park for the benefit of TTP, its sister companies and other tenants.
The Technology Partnership was established over 25 years ago to create a world-leading technology and development organisation. Today that enterprise has evolved and grown into TTP Group, a range of businesses focussed on meeting the needs of companies planning to flourish through the use of technology and innovation.
In keeping with the origins, the Group companies have evolved and continue to develop break-through new products, apply the latest innovations and in many cases develop new technology to meet commercial needs.
As the enterprise has grown, new companies have been created, some of which have remained within TTP Group, while others have been sold, demerged or floated on the London Stock Exchange. The following gives a short overview of some of the highlights in the history of the formation of the companies of TTP Group.
TTP Group history
- October 1987, The Technology Partnership is formed
- April 1993, Wavedriver joint venture is formed
- June 1993, Tonejet joint venture is formed
- April 1997, The Automation Partnership is formed
- April 1997, Group reorganised under new parent, TTP Group plc
- April 1998, TTPCom is formed
- August 1998, The Automation Partnership is demerged
- December 1999, TTP Venture Fund is formed
- December 1999, ip.access is formed
- December 1999, new headquarters building occupied
- August 2000, TTP Group acquires Melbourn Science Park
- October 2000, TTPCom (and ip.access) is floated on the London Stock Exchange
- April 2001, TTP Labtech is formed
- December 2004, Tonejet becomes a subsidiary
- April 2008, TTP Group wins Queen's Award
- February 2009, Plarion joint venture is formed
- July 2012, Tonejet becomes a wholly-owned subsidiary
- 2012, The Technology Partnership celebrates 25 year anniversary