The Meteor software installer will place 4 items into a Windows-based PC:
- Meteor Print Engine Software, which drives the print system in response to commands sent to it via its API
- Meteor Test Application, which can be used to drive the Print Engine Software or may be replaced by a suitable 3rd party RIP or custom-written print application
- Meteor User Manual: a pdf document that includes a full description of the API
- Meteor SimPrint: an application that reassembles images from the output of the Print Engine to allow software testing without use of hardware.
Meteor software is licensed as follows:
- Single-installation license – only valid for one printer
- Multi-installation license – valid for any number of licensee-branded printers using the same print head type
- Full license – valid for any use
Meteor software is expanded as new opportunities arise to improve Meteor. Free new Meteor releases are available to all licensees who ‘maintain’ their license. Software maintenance is charged extra on an annual basis and includes free off-site support by TTP’s engineers for all Meteor-related support issues.